Become a Uniper trainee
Join the Uniper Explorer Programme and explore the company behind the name and the next step in your career!
As a Graduate on the Uniper Explorer Programme you will get in-depth insights into our business. During the programme you will gain experience in various fields across the company. You will also have the opportunity to take responsibility at an early stage developing your entrepreneurial skills. At all stages you will have the chance to bring in your own ideas and enhance your interpersonal and team working skills – also in an international environment. Individual mentoring and networking opportunities will give you the best possible foundation to launch the next step of your career at Uniper.
- 18-month trainee programme with an option to extend up to 24 months
- Semi-structured programme with a mixture of pre-defined and flexible placements
- Opportunities for international placements and assignments in different job areas
- Extensive, systematic learning opportunities tailored to meet your needs consisting of trainings, workshops, a group project and a power plant placement
- Networking events and other opportunities to meet colleagues from all over the company, including get-togethers with senior managers
- Coaching and support from an individual mentor
Schedule and Structure
During a period of at least 18 months you will work in different departments while being able to actively shape parts of your program according to your preferences. For example, the program includes an optional placement abroad or the possibility to explore another job family.
Various trainings will give you a global overview of key corporate subjects whilst offering you a chance to develop your network across Uniper.
Our learning curriculum consists of two mandatory trainings, such as an introduction to the energy business and in intercultural communication skills. Additionally, two optional trainings will take place which you can choose together with your mentor depending on your very own fields of interests and your stage of development (e.g. project management or self-reflection).
On top of that, extra learning opportunities are provided by a two-week power plant assignment that will take place during the 1st placement. Here you will gain an even deeper, valuable insight into the energy business. Furthermore, as part of our Spotlight Project, you will work on a challenging case study and will subsequently present your results in front of one of our senior executives, followed by a dinner and network event.
Throughout the whole course of the Uniper Explorer Program, your personal mentor will not only provide you with expert knowledge and support you with his or her network. Your mentor will also offer you many prospects for your personal development.
- A successfully completed degree in one of the following major areas of study:
- Business administration or economics (energy industry, finance, accounting, taxes, controlling, corporate development, marketing, human resources or comparable)
- Industrial engineering / engineering sciences (electronics, energy technology, mechanical engineering, process engineering or comparable)
- Subject-specific practical experience gained in internships or/and as a working student
- Exposure to foreign cultures and languages is mandatory, experience abroad is a plus
- Analytical and entrepreneurial thinking
- Interest in growing fast plus the ability to cope with change
- Interest in taking over responsibility and improving structures and processes
- Strive to work together in teams and very good communication skills
- Highly proactive and mobile with a down-to-earth and self-reflective personality
- Very good written and verbal English language skills, German language skills are an advantage
After a preselection based on predefined evaluation criteria, there will be several process steps. As a final step, an invitation to the Uniper Explorer Day will follow.