- Improving air quality: reducing nitrogen dioxide in our towns and cities 147.73 KB
- BEIS: Building our Industrial Strategy Green Paper 161.68 KB
- Coal generation in Great Britain. The pathway to a low-carbon future: consultation document 552.34 KB
- Consultation on reducing emissions from Medium Combustion Plants and Generators to improve air quality 202.08 KB
- Joint BEIS Ofgem: A Smart, Flexible Energy System – A call for evidence 302.21 KB
A bridge to our energy future
Uniper owns and operates a diverse portfolio of power and gas assets in the United Kingdom. Our employees use their expertise and experience to deliver a range of wholesale energy products and services from power production to gas supply.
Our services are helping build a bridge to our energy future:
- Climate protection must go hand-in-hand with security of supply
- While new technologies scale up and renewables expand, we provide the insurance policy that keeps the lights on
- Uniper offers generation and storage facilities, providing a backbone of constant and reliable power during the energy transition
Uniper UK Chairman
Felix Lerch is Uniper’s UK Chairman. He heads a team of a 1,000 energy professionals working across Uniper’s diverse generation fleet, gas storage facilities and international trading team in the UK.
Felix has more than 20 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, and previously held senior executive positions at E.ON, having developed his early career in Shell. Before he took up his chairmanship, Felix was Executive Vice-President of E.ON’s Exploration & Production business. At Shell he held positions in business planning, international business development and various technical roles.
Felix holds an MBA from the London Business School, a PHD in Geosciences from the University of Mainz and an M.Sc in Geological and Earth Sciences from the University of Arizona. He lives in Surrey with his wife and two daughters.
A broad portfolio of assets for a secure energy supply
Our generation fleet, which encompasses a range of energy sources like gas and coal, makes a tangible contribution to Britain’s supply security. We own and operate power stations at Connah's Quay, Cottam Development Centre, Enfield, Grain, Killingholme, Ratcliffe-on-Soar, and Taylor's Lane.
Through our trading activities we make our power production available to the market and provide balancing services to the UK system operator. We also buy and sell natural gas, which is brought to the United Kingdom via pipelines or LNG terminals. We own a stake in BBL, a 235-kilometer gas pipeline between Balgzand in the Netherlands and Bacton in the UK. We also own significant long-term regasification capacity at the Grain LNG terminal in Kent.
In addition, we own and operate a gas storage facility in Holford in Cheshire and two high-pressure gas pipelines, from Theddlethorpe to Killingholme and from Blyborough to Cottam, in Northeast England.
The Uniper Engineering Academy offers purpose-built facilities delivering bespoke training programmes - from gas turbine maintenance to smart meter installation - to match energy business needs anywhere in the world. 600 courses were delivered in 2016 to 4,000 delegates, and this year, the Academy won accreditation as an approved provider under the UK Government’s new apprenticeship levy programme.
- Plans underway for conveyor demolition at Ironbridge power station 111.13 KB
- Two more boilers due for demolition at Kingsnorth power station 98.21 KB
- Uniper Engineering Academy wins government apprentice training accreditation 379.06 KB
- Ironbridge power station goes to the dogs! 92.91 KB
- Next phase of demolition at Kingsnorth power station 97.72 KB
- Rushcliffe students discover the world of apprenticeships – thanks to Uniper 372.95 KB
- New chapter on the cards for former power station site at Ironbridge 95.54 KB
- Boilers next in line for demolition at Kingsnorth power station 82.53 KB
Our power plant availability
To check our power plant availability, visit:remit-uniper.energy