What our gas plant experience means for you
We leverage our operational experience and independence of original equipment and component suppliers (OEMs) to choose the best solution, providing an alternative to long-term service agreements and allowing you to credibly challenge OEM strategies. We deliver leading edge services that optimize your budgets for all major equipment types.
We share our decades of experience operating and continually optimizing our portfolio of over 19 GW of gas assets in Europe and Russia to help you to overcome many challenges.
From identifying commercial opportunities, through modifying plant procedures and avoiding component damage, to achieving economic gains by reducing maintenance costs and extending plant life.
Our solution will support you to:
- analyze market opportunities
- reduce start-up times
- improve ramp rate and load following
- reduce major component replacement costs
- increase maximum load
- reduce minimum load
- increase major outage intervals through parts life extension
- reduce daily maintenance costs and extend economic plant life.
Our proven solutions help you to: extend your gas turbine parts life and major outage intervals beyond the normal OEM maintenance interval, typically by 15-30%.
Our experts evaluate the actual life of those parts and the risks associated with continued running using:
• Component modelling, including blue light scanning
• CFD and FE analysis
• Metallurgical evaluation of service run components
• Advanced inspection techniques with boroscope
• NDT inspection of critical components and image recognition algorithms
We can address identified risks, propose outage interval extensions and regularly review to monitor and manage risk during operation helping you to:
• Reduce your gas turbine’s start-costs and hour-costs
• Reduce the number of major outages during the remaining life of the plant
• Increase availability and value
Do you have a flexible operations strategy?
Find out how to achieve successful flexible operation in our downloadable overview guide
- Fully understand all implications of flexible operation
- Shorten start-up times by 20-50%
- Reduce major component replacement costs by 20-30%
- Reduce daily maintenance costs by 10-20%
Asset Investment Projects
Full O&M Delivery
Compliance, Risk & Safety
Minimizing corrosion risks of low load operation
Using our expertise in operational and maintenance optimization, we targeted our client’s outage inspections to reveal a previously unseen risk area – FAC in the HP evaporator circuit.
Combined expertise avoids major turbine failure
One of the key benefits of our monitoring services is the early detection of developing faults and providing rapid alerts so that clients can take timely action. Our support goes far beyond data gathering and analysis – it’s the result of a combination of expertise and long experience as an owner operator of generation plant.
Independent advice saves significant outage costs
When faced with an OEM recommendation for expensive repairs, plant operators need an independent expert to give an alternative opinion they can rely on. Here our Outage Management and Electrical Engineering teams combined to recommend a safe approach that avoided significant costs and disruption.
Stay up to date with relevant and targeted industry insights for your sector. It’s fast and free to sign up today.