Trusted partnerships with innovative suppliers
At Uniper, procurement goes beyond savings. While safety, compliance and quality criteria remain key, sustainable and innovative solutions are becoming crucial to our ability to Empower Energy Evolution.
With an annual purchase order volume of more than one billion euro, we procure a wide range of technical solutions, engineering services, innovative digital tools and many more.
We partner and collaborate with innovative and engaged suppliers who share our vision, and support our ambition towards decarbonization by bringing in their ideas.
Our aim: To become a customer of choice for our suppliers!
Suppliers are vital for our business. We focus on value creation for both sides based on open communication, flexible and transparent processes and the development of supplier innovations.
In order to reliably manage the relationship with our suppliers, we follow a very structured approach in terms of supplier onboarding, contract management and evaluation of the supplier performance.
We expect and support our suppliers to comply with our social, environmental and corporate governance standards.
At Uniper, we live with integrity. We always do what is right.
We – Uniper – expressly recognize the ten principles of the UN Global Compact and actively support these fundamental principles in the areas of human rights, labour standards, environmental standards, and the application of stringent ethical and moral business standards.
Our suppliers, including their corporate bodies, employees, representatives, subcontractors, and sales partners, must observe all applicable domestic and foreign legal provisions, and avoid all actions that could lead Uniper or a company affiliated with Uniper to violate or be subject to penalties under applicable laws. In addition, in line with the UN Global Compact, we expect our suppliers to comply with our social, environmental and corporate governance standards.
The Supplier Code of Conduct is an integral part of all contracts between Uniper, our suppliers, and their upstream suppliers. If suppliers fail to comply with any part of the Supplier Code of Conduct, they will be expected to take immediate remedial actions. Uniper reserves the right to terminate its contracts with suppliers who cannot demonstrate their adherence to this Supplier Code of Conduct.
In order to become a Uniper supplier and to participate in our tenders, you normally need to be registered in our SAP Ariba Supplier portal. Additional qualification may be required.
For guidance regarding the use of the platform, please see our Ariba User Guides (refer to "Uniper supplier portal" section), offering answers to the most frequently-asked questions. In case of technical queries, please visit the official Ariba Supplier Support site.
New suppliers will be invited via email to follow our step-by-step registration process:
- Login/Creation Ariba Network Account: Use the link in the email to create an Ariba Network Account or to login to your existing account.
Note: This link is only valid for the registration process. After registration please login to your account via supplier.ariba.com.
- Uniper registration questionnaire: Fill in the Uniper registration questionnaire with address and banking details and list the products and services your organization can provide.
- Supplier Code of Conduct: Accept Uniper's Supplier Code of Conduct to submit the questionnaire.
- Due Diligence Check: Based on the data provided, we will conduct our internal due diligence check prior to approving your registration.
- Request for Certificates: Depending on the category, you may receive several individual emails asking you to complete further web-based questionnaires, and to provide certificates for topics such as Quality Management, HSSE, Information Security, CSR etc.
If you are interested in becoming a Uniper supplier, but have not been invited yet, please fill in our Supplier Application Form.
In case of a demand for your products and/or services, we will contact and invite you for registration as detailed above.
In line with our company values and in order to mitigate potential risk, we evaluate our registered supplier’s compliance with a set of pre-defined qualification criteria.
- Depending on the product or service categories offered, we collect additional details about, for instance, the company's HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) and sustainability activities or other general or region/site-specific information.
- As part of our qualification process, we will invite you via email to complete the “Qualification questionnaire to become a qualified supplier within Uniper”. The questionnaire is divided in different chapters for the various topics.
Note: You can also access the Uniper questionnaires directly via your regular Ariba Network account (supplier.ariba.com).
For guidance regarding the use of the platform, please see our Ariba User Guides, offering answers to the most frequently-asked questions. In case of technical queries, please visit the official Ariba Supplier Support site.
At Uniper, our group-wide sourcing activities are managed digitally through our supplier portal. This includes all procurement processes from requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposal (RFP) up to performing e-auctions.
Our standard electronic tendering process contains the following main steps:
- Uniper Procurement invites pre-selected suppliers via email to participate in a tender event on the web-based Ariba Sourcing platform.
- Suppliers who are not yet registered with us are in parallel invited for separate registration.
For guidance regarding the use of the Ariba platform, please see our Ariba User Guides, offering answers to the most frequently-asked questions.
In case of technical queries, please visit the official Ariba Supplier Support site.
Note: If you are interested in becoming a Uniper supplier, please complete our Supplier Application Form. In case of a demand for your products and/or services, we will contact you.
Catalogs facilitate the ordering process for both suppliers and our internal customers. Therefore, Uniper offers our suppliers the possibility to integrate eCatalogs directly into our internal ordering platform.
Our standard eCatalog solution is the Level II PunchOut catalog. However, our buying platform allows for integrating all catalog types generally offered by the Ariba solution, e.g. CIF, Excel or classic PunchOut catalogs.
In order to be granted access to our platform, suppliers must meet the following requirements:
- All necessary negotiations must have been conducted and a valid contract with Uniper must be in place.
- Your systems must allow the handling of trading relationships via Ariba.
- A valid Ariba Network ID (ANID) is mandatory to exchange documents and catalogs with Uniper.
- For technical reasons, we can only receive catalogs with eClass 7.0 and UNSPSC mapping.
For specific purposes, individual collaboration solutions are available on a case-by-case basis.
To get in contact with us, please fill in our > catalog form.
- For all larger Uniper companies, electronic invoicing is possible and highly appreciated.
Postal/paper invoices are in most cases processed by an external service provider and via centralized, country specific P.O. box addresses. Please click > here for more details and invoicing addresses!
- If you want to know the status of your invoice, please visit our web-based > 'Invoice Status Check' platform.
The integrated ICE chatbot (invoice check environment) will guide you through the process and display the status of your invoice accordingly. Further information about the business transaction is not visible.
If you need further support, please click > here.
Uniper's supplier portal is based on the SAP Ariba cloud solution to digitally manage the interface with our suppliers, in particular onboarding and e-sourcing processes. Suppliers can collaborate with Uniper using their Ariba Network account to register as a supplier, to submit qualification information and to participate in our tender events.
To access the platform, please login to your Ariba Network account via supplier.ariba.com.
> Supplier Guide - How to get started
Describes general procedures and answers the most frequently-asked questions.
> Ariba Sourcing Supplier Manual
Provides detailed information for suppliers to participate in electronic tenders and auctions.
> Ariba Supplier Support
Provides help in case of technical issues with the Ariba platform.
In case of changes regarding your address, contact or banking details etc. please contact us > here.
We are always looking for innovative technologies and solutions to achieve our ambitious sustainability targets. We are curious for your suggestions.
> Tell us more!
Partner of choice
We believe in strong and sustainable partnerships with our suppliers, creating value for both sides. Our aim is to become a customer of choice for our suppliers!
Uniper seeks to engage with trusted suppliers who contribute to our aim for sustainable growth, and comply with our environmental, social and governance criteria.
Tailored solutions by empowered people. We add value to Uniper by providing tailored solutions. We take on responsibilities and act proactively.
Ease of doing business. Here you will find all supplier documents in one place - from terms and conditions to user guides and manuals.
You want to become a Uniper supplier, have a question regarding your invoice or want to suggest an innovative idea?
External advisory services
Benefit from our expertise to improve the efficiency and performance of your procurement organization.